SA Masters will be participating in the Masters World Cup from 18 to 27 September 2021 in Cape Town.
The teams for this tournament have already been selected however due to a few withdrawals some places have become available in certain age groups.
This letter serves as an invitation to interested players within the Men O45, 50 & 55 age groups to attend trials from 6 to 8 November 2020 in Johannesburg.
Please see below the pre-requisites prior to entry, including commitment to finance/payment terms as well as attendance to regional training and national camps as required:
- Players must be affiliated to SAHA – confirmation of registration is required, in writing, from the Provincial Hockey administrations, or your SAHA membership number
- Attended Masters IPT in 2019 or would have attended IPT in 2020.
- Must meet the FIH age criteria:
- In order to be eligible to compete in any Masters competition, a player must be over the designated age limit on the 31 December 2020.
- Players are permitted to make themselves available for the lower age group if they wish to do so.
COSTS FOR CAPE TOWN WORLD CUP
We have estimated the total cost of the WC participation to be approximately R39,500 per person.
The estimate is made up as follows:
- Accommodation (11/12 nights) : R 9,500
- Tournament levy : R 1,500 (*subject to change, dependent on IMHA fees)
- Tournament transport : R 2,500
- Miscellaneous : R 7,000 (Coaches/Managers subsidy; kit; etc.)
- Total Cost : R20,500
** Local flights to be arranged by individuals if required – own cost
We will be attempting to reduce the costs as we firm up the process. All attempts must be made to get sponsorship per individual or team to reduce these costs. The costs excludes personal expenses and visa costs. Flights are to be arranged on an individual basis aligned to the team requirements.
An issue of importance remains commitment of players after selection – previously a number of players made themselves available and once selected pulled out of the team. This created issues in terms of finalizing teams and ensuring adequate players in squads.
- 31 January 2020 – R8,000
- 31 March 2020 – R8,000
- 31 May 2020 – R4,500
All team members, including the non-travelling reserves will be required to pay a commitment deposits as set out above. Should you wish to apply for special dispensation in this regard, please forward an email setting out your request to Pieter Scholtz at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Currently these are being held within each province for all age groups.
- Contribution towards astro hire specific to each province as & when required.
- A national camp is planned for 22 & 23 April 2021 in Cape Town, prior to the Masters IPT.
- Nominal camp levy applies to cover venue hire, medics, etc.
Players interested in attending trials will need to formally register their application by sending their information to the respective managers as listed below. Please be sure to include contact and date of birth details as well as club & position information. Deadline for entry is Sun 18 October 2020.
- O45 – Paul Dineen – email@example.com
- O50 – Dennis Cooke – firstname.lastname@example.org
- O55 – Jarryd Byron – Jazzajb73@gmail.com
For the Love of the Game & Be Safe
SA Masters Executive
10 October 2020