South African Masters Hockey Association
20-24 November 2019 – Cape Town, South Africa
In 2018 the South African Masters Hockey Association launched our November Series in which the South African World Cup squad from Barcelona played in a series of matches against Namibia and other African Invitational teams. This initiative was undertaken to grow international hockey on the African continent. In January 2019, we extended an invitation to participate in the Series to all hockey playing countries.
SAMHA is very excited by the interest shown by various nations from all corners of the world to participate in the first Continental tournament of this nature in Africa. We look forward to hosting a competitive festival of Masters Hockey in our fair city of Cape Town.
This event will include participation from both male and female teams in age divisions: 35+, 40+, 45+, 50+ and 55+. The Series will be a full competitive international series in accordance with WMH rules and regulations involving the South African World Cup 2020 squad. Winners’ will be awarded in the various age categories.
A comprehensive tournament brochure containing tournament packages including all tournament costs, 4 nights’ accommodation at selected hotels, all tournament transport requirements, an opening function in true African style and a Finals Dinner, can be downloaded by clicking on the following link. We will gladly assist teams wishing to extend their visit to play additional matches against local opposition and to enjoy the wonderful tourist activities available in our beautiful country.
Teams wishing to participate in the Series should signify their intention to do so by return email to firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than 1 June 2019. Interested teams will receive a registration portal link which will facilitate the online registration process.
Proposed Series Itinerary
We have done a rough itinerary for incoming teams as well as various packages from various Hotels as set out in the comprehensive tournament brochure.
Wednesday 20th November 2019.
- Arrive at Cape Town International Airport.
- Players will be met by team liaisons who will facilitate the hotel transfers by bus.
- Practice sessions can be arranged depending on arrival times. Transport to and from the practice session is provided.
- 4 cases( 24 bottles per case) of 500ml bottled water will be provided by the hosts and will be placed in the designated team managers room.
- A tournament welcoming dinner in “True” South African Braai/barbeque style will be provided to all participants and is included in the tournament package.
- Any partners or friends will be able to purchase tickets to enjoy the evening with their teams. Transport to and from dinner will be provided.
Thursday 21st November 2019.
- Players will enjoy a full buffet breakfast at the respective hotels.
- Transport will be provided to the tournament venue.
- 2 cases of 500ml bottled water will be delivered to the team manager’s hotel room. This is for general usage; a further 2 cases will be delivered to the team at the tournament venue.
- MATCH ONE. Time to be advised
- Players enjoy post-match drinks with the opposition.
- When teams are ready, they will depart by bus back to their respective hotels.
- The evening will be free for teams to enjoy Cape Town. (Dinner reservations can be pre booked through our team liaison.) We will provide teams with a list of pre- approved restaurants together with a menu of each restaurant. Dinner is for the cost of the teams.
- Transport to and from dinner will be provided.
Friday 22nd November 2019.
- Same as Thursday except MATCH TWO.
Saturday 23rd November 2019. DAY TIME
- Same as Friday except MATCH THREE
Saturday 23rd EVENING.
- Final Dinner at a prestigious venue. Medal Ceremony and dancing the night away. Transport will be provided to and from dinner and buses will be available throughout the evening up to 1am.
Sunday 24th November 2019. After enjoying the full breakfast at their hotels, teams will have to book out and transfer to the airport.